Hey Marco, fun game! While I never really figured out where I wanted to go, I think the movement feels great. Some things that could improve: please have a background for the instructions so they're easier to read. If you can, let the player out of the locked box to test the controls in a safe environment before playing for real. I got to shoot but couldn't practice movement. Also, I had trouble understanding when I could shoot again. Am I waiting for a timer? Picking up missed shots? I wasn't sure. Overall, I think that the feeling of really boosting up has a great sense of speed!
A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
(Gameplay Video reflects an older version, please wait for a new video to be made)
Harness the power of physics in ForceSlinger. Features recoil from a particle launcher, pendulums (representing circular motion), Magnus force, and even an upgrade that bends the rules of time!
- momentum/acceleration based movement
- metroidvania elements
- collect powerups
- special challenging areas
- bosses to defeat (some are even physics instruments)
- point system (speedrun if you can!)
- Binding "Start" and "Cancel" buttons to the same keys will cause pause to not work.
We have a Discord server for those interested in the game: https://discord.gg/DKqr89z
The demo part of the game is done, but we have tons of future content and need playtesters! Join the Discord or email me if interested!
- Download the zip file corresponding to your platform.
- Extract the zip file.
- (For Linux) right click .x86_64 file -> properties -> permissions -> Check "Allow executing file as program".
- Run the .exe or .x86_64 file to play the game.
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Hi Phil! I'm glad that you like the game, and thanks for the feedback. I'll definitely make the background darker for the instructions so that it is easier to read. As for the other points:
- You can actually "squeeze" your way out of the box. I gave the player infinite ammo on the title screen for this reason ;) (I might expand the title screen in the future, but it is currently just the small environment.)
- If you pay attention the the UI on the top-left, you'll notice that "particles" refer to your ammo. The reload is indeed a timer.
If you have any more suggestions feel free to post them here and/or join the Discord server for this game: https://discord.gg/DKqr89z